MY STORY

Like many reading this, we did not have much, as the world measures wealth, growing up. You know, the big house, brand name clothing, new cars or even money to go to the doctor. Yet, mom and dad made red beans, oranges and love, go a long way! We were rich! We were happy! When I step away from my life’s clutter, I then find the “inner quiet”. It’s a place where God speaks to me; a resting place. He makes me happy. This blog may be just a cabinet to file away my thoughts and visit every now and then. I don’t know. What I pray is you also can find that your happiness lies within. Not the “within” from where fleeting worldly lies take you. If you know Christ as your Savior, you have the “within”! May this blog be a reminder He truly does live within our heart…that is where happy is.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

#16 - FROM A DISTANCE

According to distancefromto.net it is 9,375 miles between the United States and Malaysia.  According to God, miles and hearts of His children are connected by His message.  It doesn’t matter whether one mile or thousands of miles apart, He will send that perfect message at the perfect time for someone who needs encouragement, a tear wiped or just to laugh.  It is their FAITH ASSIGNMENT!

Below is an email received from a lovely young lady who loves the Lord.  God used her through Briley FAITH’s story to send an encouraging word to someone.  This time that someone was me…

Hearts connected and the miles disappeared.  Thank you, Lord for my new friend from a distance.

Hi Kathy,

I'm a 24 year old Chinese lady from Malaysia, a small country in South East Asia. I came across Briley FAITH's facebook page through another child's facebook page who also suffered from SMA. I was very inspired & touched by the posts, especially the beautiful pictures of Briley, her parents & her sweet brother. I'm currently in my final year as a medical student & will be taking my final exams on 25th Jan. I was supposed to graduate in June last year but went into a state of depression. My dad suffered a severe stroke in 2007 & he is currently unable to move his left side of his body. Since then, my mum has been the sole breadwinner of the family. Praise the Lord that I was able to continue my studies after a few months of treatment. SMA is not very common in my country & I have only seen one case of SMA during my posting in pediatrics. It was a case of SMA Type III.

Ur blogs have truly inspired me & my prayers are with u all. May the Lord continue to guide u all in ur lives. Briley is in a better place now. She is with our Lord & Saviour. She is a true inspiration to all. I felt like giving up after my illness, but God pulled me through. And after reading through ur blogs, I'm sure that God will guide us through all challenges in life. Thanks a lot!!

Ng Le Shin

  
If you would like to know this Savior, our only answer, our only hope, please email me at k.fogarty02@gmail.com and I will be glad to share the story.  It's my FAITH ASSIGNMENT.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.


No comments:

Post a Comment