MY STORY

Like many reading this, we did not have much, as the world measures wealth, growing up. You know, the big house, brand name clothing, new cars or even money to go to the doctor. Yet, mom and dad made red beans, oranges and love, go a long way! We were rich! We were happy! When I step away from my life’s clutter, I then find the “inner quiet”. It’s a place where God speaks to me; a resting place. He makes me happy. This blog may be just a cabinet to file away my thoughts and visit every now and then. I don’t know. What I pray is you also can find that your happiness lies within. Not the “within” from where fleeting worldly lies take you. If you know Christ as your Savior, you have the “within”! May this blog be a reminder He truly does live within our heart…that is where happy is.

Monday, January 7, 2013

TEARS OF JOY! #2 UPDATE

This is an update from Jessica (Jess), Casie's sister.  It was Faith Assignment #2 and on a prior update.  God's FAITHfulness is seen again and again and He is glorified!  Please continue to keep Casie in your prayers.  Thank you, Jess for you and your family's example of faith!

Hi Ms Kathy! Here is an update.

Casie had her second surgery to remove her ovaries, lymph nodes and arteries in her pelvis on Dec 18th. The surgery went very well. She had very little pain after the surgery and some swelling but that was it. The doctors stated that this surgery would send her immediately into a menopausal state with bad hot flashes and other symptoms of menopause. Casie has not had a single symptom of any of that. The doctors cannot explain it but consider it a blessing for her.

On Jan 3rd, Casie had her 2 week check up with the surgeon and we received the best news ever. Her pathology came back negative for cancer. The cancer has not spread!!!! Tears of joy were definitely shed with this news. The next day, Casie continued to get more good news. The hospital in which she had her first surgery paid her doctor bill for the first surgery!!! What a blessing!!!  The good news continues, she received a call that same day that she has an appointment on Jan 15th at the Sarcoma Center at Vanderbilt in Nashville for a follow up. This is one of the best hospitals in the nation. Not only that, I work as a nurse for Vanderbilt, so she will get to stay with me for her appointment. Yay for more family time!

I cannot put into words how happy we are for what God has done for my sister and our whole family! Noone can deny that God has been in control of this situation the whole time. We are so very thankful and give all the praise to Him! Also, on a personal note, I have to say I am thankful that God sent sweet angel Briley to the world because without her story and the faith of her family, I do not think I could have ever made it through this time in my life. My faith has been renewed! God has never left me even though I wouldn't acknowledge that He was there. I am now aware of His presence in my everyday life and feel so much more at peace. God is good and I will continue to share with others what he has done for me and my family!
  
Jess

If you would like to know this Savior, our only answer, our only hope, please email me at k.fogarty02@gmail.com and I will be glad to share the story.  It's my FAITH ASSIGNMENT.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment