MY STORY

Like many reading this, we did not have much, as the world measures wealth, growing up. You know, the big house, brand name clothing, new cars or even money to go to the doctor. Yet, mom and dad made red beans, oranges and love, go a long way! We were rich! We were happy! When I step away from my life’s clutter, I then find the “inner quiet”. It’s a place where God speaks to me; a resting place. He makes me happy. This blog may be just a cabinet to file away my thoughts and visit every now and then. I don’t know. What I pray is you also can find that your happiness lies within. Not the “within” from where fleeting worldly lies take you. If you know Christ as your Savior, you have the “within”! May this blog be a reminder He truly does live within our heart…that is where happy is.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

#15 - THE STORY GOES ON!

Brittany realized God had a purpose for her life.  When He used Briley FAITH’s story to build her faith and confidence, she became a willing vessel for God’s glory!  Brittany’s first “Faith Assignment”, was #7 posted on November 12, 2012.  It was about how God used her and other volunteers to feed many at Thanksgiving.  I suggest you go back and read this amazing story.  But, God did not stop there and Brittany continued what God had called her to do; to feed the hungry and help the poor.  Here is another “Faith Assignment” she shares as her walk of faith continues…

Last night my friend, Christina and I met with another family to donate gifts to her family for Christmas. We filled her car and trunk with presents and food for her three children... She hugged us and told us her appreciation... Yesterday while finishing up their shopping her little girl had asked for a baby alive walk on around doll... So last thing on the list I went back to Walmart.  This doll... was nowhere to be found so I found a very nice older lady that I explained my situation too and how I need that specific doll for this little girl. It's was a $45 dollar doll that obviously every little girl wanted because there was only one left.. I was actually thinking the doll would be cheaper and hesitated to buy it because I’ve really had to watch my money with how much we are spending on each child.  As I approached the check out a lady approached me that I didn't know saying she overheard by conversation with the lady that worked at Walmart... She said she just wanted to hug and me and actually followed me through Walmart to the checkout.  She went on to say how she was having what she thought was a "bad" day and then heard my conversation about the "doll" and how I had to have that "doll" for a little girl that I got picked from school counselors for Christmas.  She went on and said I had inspired her.   She then told me THANK YOU and said she was going to go fill her buggy up with toys and donate them!  With her tears in her eyes she hugged me again and walked off back to the toy section in Walmart.  Christina and I came to my house afterwards and finished wrapping and met this young single mom to deliver too.. This has been hard work for me and the many others who have helped me but I will have to say.... The end result is so worth every second of the hard work and I know that lady at Walmart and myself were placed in that toy section and that exact same time for a "reason"!   It's amazing how God works!

I am finally done!  Well,  I've seen a lot from no heat, no indoor plumbing, tarp for a door and more!  This has really opened my eyes with an urgency to share these stories of how we need to help here in our own community.  

Because Brittany answered God’s call, over 221 hungry souls were fed and Bibles and groceries were sent home with them!  Because Brittany took a step of faith, many children have jackets and clothes to keep them warm.  Because Brittany said “Yes” to God, toys delivered put smiles on many faces and an electric bill was paid so a mother and her child could stay warm.  Because Brittany shared her story, it inspired someone else to carry out their purpose.

The story began with an infant and her purpose.  Without one word Briley FAITH told of God’s grace and faithfulness.  Brittany took the “Faith Baton” and ran with her purpose, then hands it off to a lady at Walmart.  The story goes on as long as we say “Yes” to God.


If you would like to know this Savior, our only answer, our only hope, please email me at k.fogarty02@gmail.com and I will be glad to share the story.  It's my FAITH ASSIGNMENT.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment