MY STORY

Like many reading this, we did not have much, as the world measures wealth, growing up. You know, the big house, brand name clothing, new cars or even money to go to the doctor. Yet, mom and dad made red beans, oranges and love, go a long way! We were rich! We were happy! When I step away from my life’s clutter, I then find the “inner quiet”. It’s a place where God speaks to me; a resting place. He makes me happy. This blog may be just a cabinet to file away my thoughts and visit every now and then. I don’t know. What I pray is you also can find that your happiness lies within. Not the “within” from where fleeting worldly lies take you. If you know Christ as your Savior, you have the “within”! May this blog be a reminder He truly does live within our heart…that is where happy is.

Monday, December 17, 2012

#13 - FAITH BRINGS FAVOR

This Faith Assignment involves SHOPPING!  I enjoy the fellowship with good friends much more than walking the malls, unwanted reminders of why something doesn’t fit, and scary encounters with the mirror in the dressing room! 

Shopping trip #1
Since I’m all for spending time with my friends even if it includes shopping, that is why I, Granna, was all for hanging out with Idgie and Mimi!  All Briley FAITH’s grandmothers and her Aunt Shanda went shopping for something to wear for that special day; Briley FAITH’s celebration of life!  We were on an adventure to find bright and bold colors to wear!

We entered Lane Bryant and started our scavenger hunt!  A wonderful sales clerk, Andrea, asked if she could help.  Idgie told her what we were looking for and shared Briley FAITH’s story.  In the meantime I found these bright, bold sweaters with matching tanks.  There were several colors to choose from.  We could each have the same but in a different color!  How fun is that!  I showed Mimi and Idgie and they loved the idea, too! 

I was standing near the clerk and Idgie, when I glanced at the price tag… another reason I don’t shop much.  It was way more than I could spend.  In disappointment, I mentioned I will need to find something else and that it was a fun thought, but, it is A-okay!  The outfit returned as quickly as I lifted it off the rack.  No big deal at all, God’s got a plan.

By the time I got back to where Idgie and Mimi were, our new friend, Andrea, asked us if she could get the outfits discounted would we still want them.  She was moved by Briley’s story and said she really did want to help us out.  Idgie said, “It is probably according to how much of a discount.”  We all told her we appreciated it.  Let me interject right here that we three grandmothers were not on the floor kicking and screaming; we were not whining for the sweaters or anything…  that would have been a pitiful site.  Although, I do have to say that before we left the store, Idgie and Shanda accidentally set off an alarm!  The fact of the matter is the story of God’s faithfulness and goodness was shared.  He does the rest…

In no time, here comes Andrea.  She was able to give us a huge discount!  Praise God!  We were all able to get what we needed for that very special day!  Andrea just had one request to ask of us; if she could take a picture of us in our outfits and send to the District Manager along with Briley FAITH’s story.  We, of course, said sure!

She took our picture and all four of us with tears in our eyes hugged and said goodbye.

 Shopping trip #2
This shopping trip was the very next day.  Darla is a very special friend of mine who flew in from Texas to be with me during this hard time.  She wanted to take me shopping to get something to wear for the celebration.  She is precious like that.  I adore her!

Well, since we grandmothers had already got something for that day, Darla suggested we shop for something for the visitation.  So, again, here we go looking for bright and bold! 

Darla and I decided to explore Vanity Fashion at the mall.  Immediately, a precious, young sales clerk, Ashlee, approached us.  She asked if she could help and if we are shopping for Christmas.  I told her we were not shopping for Christmas, but for Briley FAITH’s celebration and then I shared her story.

Several items were tried on and I settled on a pink sparkly top and a lime green scarf!  Perfect!  We get to the counter to pay and Ashlee tells us she is going to give a 20% discount!  She was moved by Briley FAITH’s story about an amazing God!  Glory to God again and again!

Then, on top of all that, all the bright and bold clothes, earrings and bows that now rest in my shopping bags was all paid for!  God had a plan, but first, I had to be content in my circumstance.  

Ashlee also shared with us her brother, Jermaine, has sickle cell anemia.  Please keep him and the family in your prayers.

The reason these stories are considered a “Faith Assignment” is they show what faith can do even in the simple things in life such as shopping.  Briley FAITH’s story of God’s grace continues and is one that will never grow old. 

Faith is simply this, peace with favor.  God always give a peace that passes all understanding when we trust Him; when we are content with our circumstances.  His way is perfect and always full of favor, even when it hurts. 

Contentment opens the door to God’s favor.  Then in our struggles He will use the Andrea’s and the Ashlee’s of the world to share His favor with us.

Andrea

Ashlee

Idgie, Mimi, Granna
(I later exchanged the orange for a bright blue)
  
If you would like to know Jesus Christ, our only answer, our only hope, please email me at kfogarty02@gmail.com and I will be glad to share the story.  It's my FAITH ASSIGNMENT.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.



No comments:

Post a Comment