MY STORY

Like many reading this, we did not have much, as the world measures wealth, growing up. You know, the big house, brand name clothing, new cars or even money to go to the doctor. Yet, mom and dad made red beans, oranges and love, go a long way! We were rich! We were happy! When I step away from my life’s clutter, I then find the “inner quiet”. It’s a place where God speaks to me; a resting place. He makes me happy. This blog may be just a cabinet to file away my thoughts and visit every now and then. I don’t know. What I pray is you also can find that your happiness lies within. Not the “within” from where fleeting worldly lies take you. If you know Christ as your Savior, you have the “within”! May this blog be a reminder He truly does live within our heart…that is where happy is.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

#14 - THREE VIEWS

Mimi, who is one of Briley FAITH’s grandmothers, sent this Faith Assignment.  There are so many ways we can all learn about God’s love.  Here are three.  Thank you, Mimi!

GOD uses a child to show us His assurance and strength.

The night of Briley's visitation, Cara, my granddaughter, was throwing a fit in the bathroom and someone said "Mimi, you are needed in the bathroom"   I went and asked Cara what was wrong.  She wanted to see Briley.  I told her she had to quit crying and I would take her down.  She quit and I did.  She looked at Briley and said "Oh Briley, you are so beautiful". I told her she needed to give Aunt Cici(Crystal) a hug because she looked like she had been crying.  She looked at Crystal and said "It's O.K. Aunt Cici.  Briley is all well now.  She is in heaven playing and singing with Jesus.  It will be O.K."  She then picked up the kleenex and went up to several others at the church that were crying and told them they didn't need to cry, Briley is all well now, in heaven with Jesus and gave them a kleenex.   If we all just had the faith of a child.

GOD’s mercy holds the line for a lost soul.

The day of Briley's celebration, my sister Kathy was going through the line to pay her respects.  When she got up to Crystal, she was "holding up" the line. I noticed she was crying very hard. Crystal was holding her face in her hands so she would look at her and Crystal was talking to her. I could not hear what she was saying, but I noticed that Josh had started praying and I knew he could hear, so I went to Bro. Jason and Pa Tom and told them I thought she was under conviction, to please pray and I started praying. She prayed right there and asked Jesus to be her savior. How amazing is that.

GOD restores joy and gives hope.

Today, when I went back to work, one of the ladies I work with told me she had come to Briley's celebration and that the service was beautiful.   She has followed Briley's Story from day one and it had already made changes in her life.  She has now started going back to church and said that she is not going to miss a Sunday.  My co-worker saw the amazing faith Josh and Crystal have and said she wants more.   She also told me that she feels like her husband is under conviction.  (He came to the service with her) He asked lots of questions and could not understand why Crystal and Josh were so faithful.   She told him that it was because they have the Lord as their Savior and put their full trust in him.  That they live for the Lord every day.   She thinks that he may start going to church with her and just may be saved as a result of what he heard at Briley's Celebration!   Please pray for him.


If you would like to know Jesus Christ, our only answer, our only hope, please email me at kfogarty02@gmail.com and I will be glad to share the story.  It's my FAITH ASSIGNMENT.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment