MY STORY

Like many reading this, we did not have much, as the world measures wealth, growing up. You know, the big house, brand name clothing, new cars or even money to go to the doctor. Yet, mom and dad made red beans, oranges and love, go a long way! We were rich! We were happy! When I step away from my life’s clutter, I then find the “inner quiet”. It’s a place where God speaks to me; a resting place. He makes me happy. This blog may be just a cabinet to file away my thoughts and visit every now and then. I don’t know. What I pray is you also can find that your happiness lies within. Not the “within” from where fleeting worldly lies take you. If you know Christ as your Savior, you have the “within”! May this blog be a reminder He truly does live within our heart…that is where happy is.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

WHERE ARE THEY NOW? #2

Faith Assignment #2

This faith assignment was received November 8, 2012.  At that time the sender wished to remain anonymous because there were some who did not know her sister had been diagnosed with cancer.  She informed me that it is now okay to mention her name.

Faith Assignment #2 was from Jessica Porter-Hunter.  Below are two excerpts of the posting.  I suggest you go back and read it in it's entirity.  Prior to her finding out about her sister God used the faith shown throughout Briley FAITH's journey to give her strength before her storm.  God prepared her for the phone call she was going to be receiving from her sister.

THE EXCERPTS:
{Well, when I got home from work on that day, my sister (my best friend) called me and informed me that she had just been at the doctor and was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer.}

{I know it is because of sweet baby Briley and her amazing family that I am at peace during the scariest time of my life. It is because of her story that I believe that God will take care of my sister. I am so very thankful for Crystal and Josh for being so extremely brave during this time and selfless to share their story with so many people. They have truly changed my life.}

THE UPDATE:

 Ms Kathy,

I just wanted to give you an update on Casie's oncology appointment yesterday.  They have decided to go ahead and do a total abdominal hysterectomy in 2 weeks.  He will be taking her ovaries, lymph nodes and all arteries in her pelvic area.  He said that this type of cancer thrives on hormones.  This is Casie's only chance to survive this.  The surgery has been scheduled for
12-19-12.

We praise God for He is faithful!  God will be with Casie and her family through it all!  He is Jehovah Rapha, the Healer! 

As she mentioned, Casie's surgery is December 19th.  Please remember her in your prayers.  Thank you!


Please share your FAITH ASSIGNMENT!  Email me at kfogarty02@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment