MY STORY

Like many reading this, we did not have much, as the world measures wealth, growing up. You know, the big house, brand name clothing, new cars or even money to go to the doctor. Yet, mom and dad made red beans, oranges and love, go a long way! We were rich! We were happy! When I step away from my life’s clutter, I then find the “inner quiet”. It’s a place where God speaks to me; a resting place. He makes me happy. This blog may be just a cabinet to file away my thoughts and visit every now and then. I don’t know. What I pray is you also can find that your happiness lies within. Not the “within” from where fleeting worldly lies take you. If you know Christ as your Savior, you have the “within”! May this blog be a reminder He truly does live within our heart…that is where happy is.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

#10 - A CANDLE IN THE DARK

The Faith Assignment below was from a friend of Crystal's who attended the Dedication/Church Service for Briley FAITH.  The service was held on Sunday, November 18, 2012 at the Arkansas Children's Hospital 3rd floor Atrium.  Thank you for sharing!

Here is her story:

"Have not had a chance to tell you how special I I thought that the dedication for Briley was. She such a special and beautiful little baby- it is just too hard to imagine that she has anything wrong. I stood where I could see her eyes throughout the service & she followed everything that was going on- you could see how much she enjoyed the music- it was beautiful.

Also I wanted to share with you that I walked in with a young man that did not know you or Josh but said that you facebook posts had helped him so much through a struggle he is facing that he just had to come to Briley's service. Did not get his name but his young wife just collapsed one day with a cardiac problem & is in a coma. Just wanted you to know that your faith and testamonies are reaching more people than you can realize.  Love you and continue to carry you and your family in my heart.

Amazing story!  Briley is in a hospital for children, not adults.  This young man's wife is at another hospital.  He drew strength from what he read on the Briley updates and knew God would be center stage at this service!  So, in desperation and in need, he went out of his way to get to there.  All glory to God!

Our light shines brightest in our darkest struggles.  Then, others in need, like this young man, are drawn nearer to God. The bold faith of Josh and Crystal shone brightly and was used to speak to a stranger!  It reminds me of a song called "Go Light Your World" .  I have attached a link to this song.
"Go Light Your World" - Kathy Troccoli

Let's keep this young man and his wife in our prayers.  Maybe one day we will get to meet him and pray with him.  I feel his strength and faith has grown from his experience.  The Lord will now use his light for someone else. 


If you would like to know Jesus Christ, our only answer, our only hope, please email me at kfogarty02@gmail.com and I will be glad to share the story.  It's my FAITH ASSIGNMENT.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment