MY STORY

Like many reading this, we did not have much, as the world measures wealth, growing up. You know, the big house, brand name clothing, new cars or even money to go to the doctor. Yet, mom and dad made red beans, oranges and love, go a long way! We were rich! We were happy! When I step away from my life’s clutter, I then find the “inner quiet”. It’s a place where God speaks to me; a resting place. He makes me happy. This blog may be just a cabinet to file away my thoughts and visit every now and then. I don’t know. What I pray is you also can find that your happiness lies within. Not the “within” from where fleeting worldly lies take you. If you know Christ as your Savior, you have the “within”! May this blog be a reminder He truly does live within our heart…that is where happy is.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

#1 - ON PURPOSE

Yesterday we received devastating news that my precious, bright-eyed, beautiful granddaughter, Briley FAITH was diagnosed with a severe case of SMA.  This has been a journey of "whys".  Why, Lord?  For what purpose?  His glory has already shown in many ways.  Here is one.

This is a story about someone who is very dear to my heart. I have been friends with him on Facebook but he never comments or posts anything.  I had no idea he was reading all the updates and prayers for Briley. 

I have been praying for him most of my adult life.  From the age of 12, his life was one of chaos, confusion, addiction and prison.  His life had no firm foundation.  Crumbling day to day.  In and out of prison.  Rehab after rehab.  Decieved by man.  Denying God and not even realizing he was.  Caught up in the tangled web of deception.  He is doing really good now.  Hasn't touched alcohol for at least 6 months. Praise God! I don't hear from him often, but, since he was first in a "boys home" I began writing him; I was 13.  Throughout the years we have had many conversations, but, not as wonderful as this.  

THE CALL:  Approximately 2 hours or so after we had received the news that Briley FAITH was diagnosed with a severe case of SMA, my cell phone rings.  I was not able to answer right then and decided to return the call later.  Later in the day, I call. 

He said, "I have a situation I need to talk to you about."  I love the way he just lays it out there.  He always has.  He said, "People might think I'm crazy, but, this really happened."  I was sitting at home and all of a sudden I felt like my mind was going, my body was gone...I closed my eyes and I was in hell!  I was so scared!  I just knew I was going to die!"  AND THEN...I started praying all the prayers that were out there for your granddaughter, Briley.  BUT, I replaced her name with mine.  I was praying those prayers for me!  Then I asked God to forgive me!  Forgive me for all the wrong I had done!"  At that moment, he had died to self so God could live within as His Savior! He said, "I opened my eyes and I'm still here."  I told him he is here ON PURPOSE!  Just like Briley FAITH!  God formed her for the purpose of bringing him to saving knowledge of Jesus Christ!  He said, "Does everyone have this type of experience?"  I said, "No.  It just took that dramatic, terrifying moment to get your attention!"   I informed him he now has a job to do.  A FAITH ASSIGNMENT!  Tell the story!  He said, "Let's do it!"

You see, like a lot of us, he thought he was saved at an early age.  But, his actions were not of a child of God.  If you don't know Christ as your Savior, the time is now.  Don't wait until opening your eyes in hell is actually a reality.


If you would like to know this Savior, our only answer, our only hope, please email me at kfogarty02@gmail.com and I will be glad to share the story.  It's my FAITH ASSIGNMENT.



John 3:16


For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.





No comments:

Post a Comment