MY STORY

Like many reading this, we did not have much, as the world measures wealth, growing up. You know, the big house, brand name clothing, new cars or even money to go to the doctor. Yet, mom and dad made red beans, oranges and love, go a long way! We were rich! We were happy! When I step away from my life’s clutter, I then find the “inner quiet”. It’s a place where God speaks to me; a resting place. He makes me happy. This blog may be just a cabinet to file away my thoughts and visit every now and then. I don’t know. What I pray is you also can find that your happiness lies within. Not the “within” from where fleeting worldly lies take you. If you know Christ as your Savior, you have the “within”! May this blog be a reminder He truly does live within our heart…that is where happy is.

Monday, November 19, 2012

#9 - WHEN THE LIGHTS WENT OUT!

My husband, David, shares about how to be ready for the unexpected and all you can do is say, "Wow!".  To always be ready for your FAITH ASSIGNMENT!  Thanks, husband!

Typical fall Sunday…go to church…eat lunch…watch my Cowboys win?...relax and enjoy my time with my girlfriend (aka my wife).  Nothing typical about this Sunday though.  Kathy and I had no idea what God was about to do and how He would use us. 

One worship song giving praise to our Lord, then in an instant; darkness.  The lights had gone out.  The large space crowded with about 500 people was illuminated only with the emergency lights at front.  Quickly someone search news through their cell phone and discovered the power was out throughout this small Arkansas town.  Though dark, we could still pray.  The prayer service began!  The pastor asked for prayer for a family in the church that had lost a young adopted son to a tragic drowning incident only the day before.  Prayers went up.  Then another prayer request, this from my wife for Briley FAITH.  A young man responds and leads us to the throne room of God.  Then yet another request for prayer along with one of God’s faithful men leading us again to seek God’s will and favor.  Darkness still filling the room, yet strangely not feeling the darkness; a sweet spirit began to fall over the crowd.  Then it hit me…this urgency!  I was to use this opportunity to tell Briley’s story.  I found I could not stop myself from standing and raising my voice to make my request known.  “Pastor, would it be alright if I share a brief testimony this morning?”  Of course, as any faithful pastor who loves his people, Pastor Tom said, “You bet”, and he gave a brief explanation of the recent events regarding this precious granddaughter of ours. 

I told how Briley had entered this world not breathing a single breath and how they quickly had to put her on a ventilator.  I told them of her struggles and how dire the doctor’s diagnosis was.  Then I told them the thing that has touched and moved me the most in all of this.  Every breath that Briley FAITH has taken, whether on a ventilator or not; every moment of life that Briley FAITH has lived, whether she lives a long life or a short life; HAS 100% BEEN USED FOR GOD’S GLORY!  I told them that Jesus lived a short life and that it was all used up for God.  Oh, how I wish that could be said of my life.  How much I long for my life to be like Briley FAITH’s! 

David told the story, his FAITH ASSIGNMENT for that moment.  Briley's story reflects the story we all have to tell, and that is the story of God's grace!  A story that MUST BE TOLD.

If you would like to know Jesus Christ, our only answer, our only hope, please email me at kfogarty02@gmail.com and I will be glad to share the story.  It's my FAITH ASSIGNMENT.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment