MY STORY

Like many reading this, we did not have much, as the world measures wealth, growing up. You know, the big house, brand name clothing, new cars or even money to go to the doctor. Yet, mom and dad made red beans, oranges and love, go a long way! We were rich! We were happy! When I step away from my life’s clutter, I then find the “inner quiet”. It’s a place where God speaks to me; a resting place. He makes me happy. This blog may be just a cabinet to file away my thoughts and visit every now and then. I don’t know. What I pray is you also can find that your happiness lies within. Not the “within” from where fleeting worldly lies take you. If you know Christ as your Savior, you have the “within”! May this blog be a reminder He truly does live within our heart…that is where happy is.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

#6 - NO GIVING UP!

The message below that was written late last night, Saturday, November 10th, is from Briley Faith’s MeMaw (great grandmother).  After 45 years of knowing this precious woman of God I have learned a lot from her about FAITH.  The miscarriage she mentions happened to me, Briley’s Granna.  Joyce, thank you for that “faith reminder”.

The Lord pressed upon her to share this and I know why.  Someone needs to here thisShe mentions several times how throughout her life God was always there.  None of us can live without Him!  Thank you for sharing with us that FAITH in what God can do will get us through times like these.  And together we can help Briley FAITH with her assignment!  There's NO GIVING UP!
          
·         Kat, You say it so much better than I ever could but God has been impressing this on my heart night after night when I could be sleeping. It is about midnight Sat.

Lying still after the busy days, as I begin praying for Briley, Josh, Crystal & all the others; The Lord begins to bring to mind His FAITHfulness and goodness to our family, over the last 50 odd years. ( You almost feel guilty for being so blessed, when you see others struggling).

·         Then I remember, as our son and his wife cried on the phone from Tx. one night, saying "we just lost our baby (in a miscarriage)." Who held them when we couldn't? GOD DID!!

·         Our daughter in Tx. has two sons; one has struggled for 28 years with ADHD. The other with severe allergies which almost took his life at age one, And a single taste of peanuts, today, could take him out. Yet I've seen a FAITH in God, (on her part), that puts me to shame in comparison. She never gives up on God!
·        
Another daughter finally had one child at almost 40 yrs. ( who is a true blessing in our later years). The youngest daughter (through an accident), had her baby boy three months early. He came in at two lbs. and dropped down to 1lb. 14oz. and spent three months in Children's Hospital, overcoming very serious obstacles, and is now a freshman in Ark Univ.
God has NEVER GIVEN UP on us, in all the fourteen grandchildren and we will NEVER GIVE UP on GOD!
·        
Briley and Jude are getting their chance to minister for our Lord as the others are doing. We never know how long it will take us to finish our assignment here; (I guess it takes some of us longer. Paw Tom and I have been trying for 50 Yrs. next Oct.). But you are all helping Briley with her assignment, and we THANK YOU for telling others what God will do for them. Her time may be short, but "If we only have hope in THIS world, we are of all men most miserable". "But God commendeth His love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us, that who -so-ever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. Call on Him today (realizing we are all sinners). Time is short but eternity is forever. Where will you spend yours?

·         Praying for you in love, (Great) MeMaw Turner


If you would like to know this Savior, our only answer, our only hope, please email me at kfogarty02@gmail.com and I will be glad to share the story.  It's my FAITH ASSIGNMENT.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.


2 comments:

  1. Yes, Lord. I pray that someday my faith will be as strong and as bold as the FAITH of this family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice, Being new to blogging, I just now noticed your comment. You are strong, bold and encouraging! God has used you in many ways and will continue to supply your needs as you serve Him. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete